Hello Again

Hughesie

Hello All,

To be honest I am not really a new member but I've been on forum leave for close to 8 months now and I thought it was time to return and start a fresh.

My Name is Alex Hughes and I am a Sound Technician that works as a full time IT technician at a large corporate AV company in Australia. (I'm guessing a few of you are in the same position as me in regards to just filling a position despite being qualified in an unrelated field)

My one piece of advice to new or even old theatre or general technicians is to never turn down work or even unpaid opportunities!

Anyway glad to be back and hope to see at least some of you in the near future when I'm in the US.

Welcome Back Alex. I'm glad to see you employed in the industry and I hope that you've learned a lot in the past 8 months and have a hunger to learn more.

It's the return of my 220v nemesis. I'm watching you real close. :shifty:

It's the return of my 220v nemesis. I'm watching you real close. :shifty:

Oh wow...the voltage wars...you will see that my signature still bears evidence of those dark times in the history of CB.

Welcome back Hughesie.

Heya Hughesie!

Firstly, thanks for welcoming me back with such.....I won't say love but I will say enthusiasm, I apologize for the poor grammar but I am using my phone to post this. Sort of ironic since I was one against having a mobile website for CB.

As for your comments I will respond later. :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Hiya Hughsie ! I've been out of it for a while too. I was way too occupied with your compatriots from Sydney and couldn't keep up with everything here and at work. Glad to see you back.

Fair suck of the sav! Great to see you again Hughsie!

Did I read correctly that you may be heading to the States sometime in the future?

If so- where?

Good to have ya back mate, thought you'd gone troppo on us!

What the Heck does that mean ???

The colorful Australian slang term has been known to indicate exclamation of wonder, awe, and/or disbelief.

Gotta love the Aussie slang terms-

(I was warned at a local pub not to 'bounce a bong off the bonnet' while driving northeast of Darwin toward Kakadu into Arnhem Land. Obviously an out-of-towner, I asked what that meant... exactly. "You know mate, don't hit an Aborigine walking down the road." Apparently the lack of automobile traffic in the outback causes the local population to walk upon the roadway much as one would walk in the park, along a dirt path. Watching for traffic isn't really done there, watching for crocs is, however.)

Yeah, Ok, I'm stickin' with 'G'Day Mate' and "Fair Dinkum".

Our ousted PM come foreign Minister had rather a penchant for wanting a "fair shake of the sauce bottle"...

Shake of the sav must be a local phrase, I haven't heard it until now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back