Hello From Colorado

Hi Everybody,
My name is Trae and I am currently at NJC which is in Sterling, CO.
I am already trying to get admitted for the lighting design program at East Carolina University. I am only a few hours from home but I love where I live on campus.
I am studying to become a theatrical lighting designer and will not stop what I am doing until I get to Broadway. The only problem my theater space has is NO MONEY! I am currently working on an absolutely outdated manual light board that hasn't been sold since the theater was donated to our school in 1976 and we have no fly system, one set of lights that are dying out as we speak or are about to die, and the really pathetic part to all of this is that our catwalk is covered with asbestos and who knows what else, and the bad part is that we have so many events at our theater if we were to talk to the administrators about it, they would shut our theater down which would eventually make the school shut down and go bankrupt. I really would like to ask of anybody, If you have any, I MEAN ANY, light boards or lights that seem outdated to you but still work please notify me because I am just a student but I am working really really hard along with my theater professor/director/friend to get a really nice theater that feels good to be in.

Welcome to the booth from a fellow Colorado LD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back