Martin Lighting MAC 2000 Profile II

They are power factor correcting. A failing cap will cause a lower power factor that will cause an increased current draw for the power they consume. They work with the ballast's inductance to essentially delay the voltage so that the current stays in sync (or the other way around?) At some point the power factor becomes so low that the current draw exceeds the fuse rating. So they are not for the fuse.....the fuse just protects against the cap's failure.
Where can i find replacement caps?

Thank you so much I will try this and get these ordered I wonder if all 16 of them need this I need to set up a testing station in my auditorium to see which ones are bad
If you were my doctor, I'd fire you. You're throwing parts at something without an actual diagnosis.

"Well, you need a new knee." "But Doc, I'm here because I can't stop sneezing." "We'll start with the knee replacement, then a liver transplant."

If you were my doctor, I'd fire you. You're throwing parts at something without an actual diagnosis.

"Well, you need a new knee." "But Doc, I'm here because I can't stop sneezing." "We'll start with the knee replacement, then a liver transplant."
Since you want to reply, then what’s your idea because what you just said didn’t help with anything?

You kept in initial post saying DMX. Sorry we didn't catch that I'm sure for all in new line of thought.
Start with power on and self test mode for the fixtures. If you have power and they fail self test, - self test in changing lamps/sockeets confirms that the lamp socket or lamp is not the problem.
Did the first fixture in-line work, the rest down the line work? (Cable problems?)
Last in line you installed a terminator in the last fixture to the DMX line? (Solves amazing things.)

something else data side to look into? 16x all not working is probably not a fixture problem even if used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back