VL2600 issues

GWCBryan

Right before the pandemic, my college purchased 12: VL2600 Profile moving lights from B&H. Soon after they were hung and set up in the space, everything got shut down because of the pandemic. I was not on staff when all of this happened, but came in the fall of 2022. As we started using the lights, we have encountered several problems with multiple lights. One seems to be overheating and then just shutting off, another will not hone its focus, prism and zoom functions and a third had three circuits boards on it fry for no apparent reason. I have all power to the units being fed by ETC relay dimmers. Unfortunately they are no longer under warranty because of the short window after the pandemic and Vari-lite going through a bunch of change over when it was purchased by Phillips and B&H telling me that they could not help me since it was a manufacturer warranty. Has anyone else had problems like this with theirs? I am really frustrated because of the fact they have only been in use for about two years.

Last edited:
Unfortunately they are no longer under warranty because of … Vari-lite going through a bunch of change over when it was purchased by Phillips
Sorry you’re facing these problems - have you contacted VL tech support for help? The above quote is absolutely irrelevant to the warranty of your product. That acquisition happened back in 2008, not two years ago - in fact VL stopped being part of Philips several years ago - a few years before COVID.

Right before the pandemic, my college purchased 12: VL2600 Profile moving lights from B&H. Soon after they were hung and set up in the space, everything got shut down because of the pandemic. I was not on staff when all of this happened, but came in the fall of 2022. As we started using the lights, we have encountered several problems with multiple lights. One seems to be overheating and then just shutting off, another will not hone its focus, prism and zoom functions and a third had three circuits boards on it fry for no apparent reason. I have all power to the units being fed by ETC relay dimmers. Unfortunately they are no longer under warranty because of the short window after the pandemic and Vari-lite going through a bunch of change over when it was purchased by Phillips and B&H telling me that they could not help me since it was a manufacturer warranty. Has anyone else had problems like this with theirs? I am really frustrated because of the fact they have only been in use for about two years.
Sorry you’re facing these problems - have you contacted VL tech support for help? The above quote is absolutely irrelevant to the warranty of your product. That acquisition happened back in 2008, not two years ago - in fact VL stopped being part of Philips several years ago - a few years before COVID.
Jon,
I did try tech support and I got the run around with the warranty. I actually sent one unit back to them in Texas to look at, at first they lost it, then they sent it back with the same issues it had in the first place. This was the unit with honing issues. I was mistaken about Philips, so thank you fore pointing that out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back