Hello from lighttechy

lighttechy

Well I suppose I ought to make an introduction thread since I already have posted a few times.

Well, I probably am a bit behind a lot of people my age, mostly because I did not find theatre untill I was a sophomore in college. I actually started working with church sound (ok who doesn't but hey it's a start), but the college I went to didn't really have a sound program so I ended up in the theatre department and replaced the lighting student there that graduated the year I started attending.

Short side story, yeah, GVSU is a tad small in the lighting tech department, we really only get one truly dedicated person about every 4 years.

Since then I've been playing catchup as fast as possible. I still try to do sound whenever possible as live sound is always a passion, but lighting is becoming a regular full time job (WHOO!!). I mostly lurk on CB since most of what I need is generally already been asked, stickied, and answered.

Welcome from one Michigander to another! Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. Enjoy your time here on CB!

~Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back