Help create CB pocket reference Swag for LDI!

Which measurement marks along the side of the card would be most useful? Pick 2

• 1/3" scale marking

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Still waiting for my Mega Combo anodized in CB yellow.

Again I want to point out that Chris lives in Australia and it's tomorrow there. He is able to get so much done around CB because he lives in the future.
That sounds way more exciting than the reality of me procrastinating...

Chris can you check on some lottery number results for me?
I could, but remember that the balls spin the other way and we read the other way up, so what I tell you probably won't make sense...

Regards from tomorrow :)

W=VA, Common gel cut dimensions (S4=6.25 x 6.25), weights (lb) of common fixtures, plus everything that you guys already said!

I would like to vote against things like a definition of lighting symbols ( look at the legend there is no universal standard)
I think that things like simple electrical formulas would not be a good choice. These formulas are something that you should just know like righty tightey. Also just knowing the formulas is not enough, you have to know how to use them

I agree that almost all of those suggestions would be great (so would a black hole to compress it down to credit card size ;) ), so might I suggest leaving a space for one of those new smart phone hi-tech bar codes so the "card holder" could scan the card to access the additonal information stored on line. You could even offer various online calulators, and up-to-date support phone numbers while keeping eveything up to date in a central location.

I agree that almost all of those suggestions would be great (so would a black hole to compress it down to credit card size ;) ), so might I suggest leaving a space for one of those new smart phone hi-tech bar codes so the "card holder" could scan the card to access the additonal information stored on line. You could even offer various online calulators, and up-to-date support phone numbers while keeping eveything up to date in a central location.

A QR code! That's a really cool idea Clem.

Alright, here are the final cards. We ad originally wanted the background to be black, but the printer told us that we could not do a full black background with the type of process they used, so we had to settle for 50% gray.
7904-help-create-cb-pocket-reference-swag-ldi-pocket_refernce_card_front_final_gray.jpg

7905-help-create-cb-pocket-reference-swag-ldi-pocket_reference_card_back_final_gray.jpg

7907-help-create-cb-pocket-reference-swag-ldi-card_front.jpg

7906-help-create-cb-pocket-reference-swag-ldi-card_back.jpg

The people who's suggestions made the final card:
gafftaper
derekleffew
porkchop
soundlight
starksk
silicsound
carllib
Chris15

I promised that whomever's idea's made the final cut would get some in the mail, so if you aren't going to be a LDI, shoot me a PM with your address and I'll drop a couple in the mail for you.
We are working on a future revision that we hope we will eventually have for anyone to get thru an online site. No promises on the ETA for that, though.

Attachments

• Pocket_Refernce_Card_Front_FINAL_GRAY.jpg
    Pocket_Refernce_Card_Front_FINAL_GRAY.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 123
  • Pocket_Reference_Card_Back_FINAL_GRAY.jpg
    Pocket_Reference_Card_Back_FINAL_GRAY.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 120
  • Card_back.jpg
    Card_back.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 127
  • Card_Front.jpg
    Card_Front.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 132
Can version two have Cat5e pin outs? Could have used that today.

Other ideas for the 2nd Edition:

Pre drill sizes for lag screws and wood screws.
Nominal bolt size to head size for common theatrical sizes.

Last edited:
Can version two have Cat5e pin outs? Could have used that today.

Other ideas for the 2nd Edition:

Pre drill sizes for lag screws and wood screws.
Nominal bolt size to head size for common theatrical sizes.

Here here! I'll go for that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back