HELP! LED Parcan Confusing Red and Blue

Hello all,

I have an LED Parcan (cheap little item, cost me around £30), and it seems to have confused red and blue.

I am controlling it via dmx, and when I tell it to go red, it goes blue, and when I tell it to go blue, it goes red. The green works fine, as does the channel controlling dimming / strobe. The channels seem to be working fine, but just not in the right order! It is a 4 channel fixture, with the channels being Red, Green, Blue and Dimmer/Strobe, but it seems to think it is Blue/Green/Red/Dim.

Just wondering if anybody else had ever had the same issue, or had any ideas about how to fix it!

Thanks in advance!

Hello all,

I have an LED Parcan (cheap little item, cost me around £30), and it seems to have confused red and blue.

I am controlling it via dmx, and when I tell it to go red, it goes blue, and when I tell it to go blue, it goes red. The green works fine, as does the channel controlling dimming / strobe. The channels seem to be working fine, but just not in the right order! It is a 4 channel fixture, with the channels being Red, Green, Blue and Dimmer/Strobe, but it seems to think it is Blue/Green/Red/Dim.

Just wondering if anybody else had ever had the same issue, or had any ideas about how to fix it!

Thanks in advance!

It could be that the red and blue LEDs were soldered to the wrong output from the control board. Or, it could be that the manual is incorrect and the profile is supposed to be BGR/Dim.

I think it has worked correctly in the past. I use them for discos, and have always put them in pairs under scrims, so would have noticed if it wasn't working.

Sometimes, on the super-cheap market, unless you have a second one to compare it to you may not even have a failure! (They could all be that way!) Often, software and/or instructions are simply dead wrong. If you can change the profile on your board, or change the soft-patch, that's what I would do.

Just caught your subsequent post. Are both of them doing it?

Sometimes, on the super-cheap market, unless you have a second one to compare it to you may not even have a failure! (They could all be that way!) Often, software and/or instructions are simply dead wrong. If you can change the profile on your board, or change the soft-patch, that's what I would do.

Just caught your subsequent post. Are both of them doing it?

No, only this one is going funny!

I hadn't thought to change the profile, and just tried it. It seems to have worked, but I would be interested if anyone did know why it might be doing this!

Did you open it up recently and take it apart to clean it and not put it back together correctly. I have also never heard of a LED fixture deciding on its own to switch color outputs either.

Did you open it up recently and take it apart to clean it and not put it back together correctly. I have also never heard of a LED fixture deciding on its own to switch color outputs either.

I haven't taken it apart - only the plug to PAT test it!

I can't think how it could have switched by itself, but am sure that it hasn't done it in the past. I may be wrong, but as I have always used them in pairs, I'm 99% sure I would have noticed.

Hello all,

Thanks in advance!

Is it possible that the board has been changed in some way?

Not that I expect you to be able to, but have you tried contacting the seller/manufacturer? I buy Pacific Rim stuff all the time, so I'm familiar with the difficulty in doing that.

Is it possible that the board has been changed in some way?

Not that I expect you to be able to, but have you tried contacting the seller/manufacturer? I buy Pacific Rim stuff all the time, so I'm familiar with the difficulty in doing that.

I will try contacting the manufacturer when I have a spare moment!

It certainly sounds like a wire harness on either the LED PCB or the Driver PCB end got flipped. Especially if Green is on the correct ([HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG]) channel. Not knowing whose fixture it is, I can't be certain, but, at least on ours that would be my first guess, as dimmer/strobe and green wouldn't be effected if that wire got flipped inadvertently. Hopefully that's the case, and its a matter of just flipping a plug and not having to re-solder it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back