Help with Automated Lighting please!!!

I completely agree. I was just referring to the difference in ease of programming via the encoders/color picker etc.

don't i know it

where on the ion i could have gone [DIM] 1 [Thru] 72 [enter] 55 [thru] 112[enter] to patch the conventional dimmers, on the express I had to do each of them individually. luckily i have a numpad for my laptop

let us know how everything works out

I will.
The show runs on Friday and Saturday next week.

I have rehearsals tonight, tomorrow, then monday tuesday wednesday,

so if anything comes up, ill come a postin!

and nathaniel thanks again.

by this time i expect you're done with your first show

how'd it go?

any problems?

Nathaniel -

The first show went off without a hitch, i lost a lamp in a conventional during a show, but the movers worked great for special effects and all that fun stuff. Our board lost power for about 30 seconds but that was the board ops fault, she tripped the power. no problems.

BUT

Saturday Night, about 5 songs into the show, (abut 30 minutes of a 2 hour show) We lost power. The board stayed on but all of our conventional dimmer racks lost complete power. So did the auditorium sound, and even the flourescent lights in the scene shop did not function.

We did not know what happened, the moving lights functioned because of seperate power, and I was shooting a curtain warmer from our booth so I used that for stand in lighting, while myself, and my techinical director, along with the schools electrician, were busing running around the school looking for the broken circuit and resetting everything.

Turns out, the local power company had been expecting a problem with the transformer and were prepared to fix it, but they just neglected to take any action. The transformer blew up and we had to call the show early due to safety reasons, it was not our fault.

The best part was that the saturday showing was the 30th anniversary alumni dedicated show, we had people flown in from LA. AWESOME.

Other than that, I will be renting the Robe instruments again, they worked great on the sliders, it was great.

great! glad everything went well(everything in your control anyway), and glad i could help.

now i spend the next few days restoring our system to the way it was before the ballet came in (once we find out what they did with the gels)

let me know if you need help with any more shows, up until summer anyways

Users who are viewing this thread

Back