Design Help with learning about an ETC EXPRESS 24 channel

Ajald

Hi,

I have inherited a ETC EXPRESS. I have not had the easiest time trying to learn the. Board from a lrogrsming stand point or using it for movers. Is there anyone who can walk me through some of the basics as well as help with effects using that board. Thanks

I assume you mean an Express 24/48? This means you have a total of 96 channels to work with. Ch. 1-24 are on the upper row of faders, and Submasters 1-24 on the lower. Assuming a simple 1-1 patch, to bring up a channel with the keypad, type [channel number] [@] [intensity]. You can also type [channel number] [At] [Full] to bring up the channel to 100%. To record a group of channels to a submaster, set the look on the stage using the keypad or the channel faders (not the subs below) and then press [record] and the button below the desired submaster. Effects are more complicated. As far as running movers, see Programming Moving Lights on an ETC Express(ion) - ControlBooth.

Thanks for the information. I have gotten that part. Is there anyway to have mulitple scenes under one fader and use the bump to transition from scene to scene?
Ex: If I had 3 different songs to program, One fader has four different scenes or effects for the first song. The second song I would like to place four different scenes on a separate fader and again for different scenes on fader 3 for the third song. I would like to use the bump button to transition from one scene to another but use fader to change from one song to another. Is that possible?

No. What you are asking for is having multiple playbacks or cue stacks. The Express line only has submasters (each only has one scene) and a single cue stack.

I'd suggest a thorough read of the manual, then ask CB anything you don't understand.

The Express is really geared toward theatrical style shows. You can busk a music show on it, but it won't have the features of some other consoles.

Kicknargel I thought your signature was very snarky until I saw it was actually the name of your company :)

There's a lot of power in that console, there's some good youtube tutorials out there as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back