Installs Help with Power Amp placement

OK, it let me attach the drawing this time. This is what I would recommend in terms of the EQ and compressor.

Attachments

• Line_Diagram_2.jpg
    Line_Diagram_2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 281
sorry that post was stupid yes the mains are being used right now the snake is connected to board, so if i took the main outs from the board went through the EQ and if i need it the compressor then into the snake. The last question I have is how to test specific frequency ranges to calibrate the eq to fit the space but i'm sure theres another thread about that on the forum somewhere. Thanks a lot for the help everyone

while that is one way to connect the system, it might not be the best, depends on what you want to do

Most people would use the compressor on an insert, so that rather than attempting to compress everything, you could be selective. TYPICALLY I recommend that IF you use a feedback destroyer that you use it on MONITORS, and that feedback be corrected on the mains via correct placement of the speakers. Autofeedback systems tend to make drastic changes to the eq, and while this could be acceptable on the monitors it typically is not a good idea on the mains. So again, you could use it on monitors (fed via auxes?)

The graphic eq again depends on preference. Some folks will use an eq system (more usually parametric) inorder to correct for SPEAKER anomalies and getting the correct setup, and then pretty much leave it alone. Any additional eq based on the program material and tonal balance then can be used but by simply removing it from the signal path the main system reverts back to its original setting

Usually these days the Graphic EQ is uses for ringing out the monitors in stead of using a feed back destroyer.

Again horses for courses but USUALLY simply running everything thru a chain from the mains out is not the best and most flexible connection

Sharyn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back