Help with project

BillESC

A local museum has asked me to come up with a push button method of playing an audio recording of between 30 and 60 seconds. Does anyone know of a simple device capable of doing this?

Try a Google search for "kiosk audio player". There seem to be a number of cards, devices, etc. that might fit your requirement.

Roland Sp 404

Not sure the price but it is capable of doing just what you are asking for. It has a decent size for storage and it is smartcard compatable. Not sure the exact sample length but I know it is near 2 minutes.

Good luck

Last edited:
Since reliability and durability are often critical in museum applications, you may want something designed for that type of application like one of these:
Alcorn McBride Digital Audio Machine Features
Digital Message Repeater -
TOA EV-20R Digital Message Repeaters / Tone Generator w/USB
CFSound - Digital Message Repeater with input triggers plays from Compact Flash Card. Museum audio player

There are a number of other similar products, just do a Google search for "Digital Message Repeater". I've used the Alcorn McBride units in museums and Visitor Centers with very good results and also very good support.

It looks like Avitra is actually selling the MacKenzie Labs units and not manufacturing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back