Hi

How bored is anyone did anybody bother to read all of this?

Logos - I read through it - Scottish history is one of my favorite subjects. And James' title is King James I and VI. [I of England and VI of Scotland.] Union of the Crowns.

MacBeth - Welcome to the board.

Joe

thanks, I have been trying to get my school to perform the scottish play on our stage. So far no one likes the idea. The thing that made me get the idea was since our stage crew are already to the point that they won't go in there by themselfs i thought that it would be funner if we performed it for our sencond production.

By the way our first ever production "Bye Bye Birdie" was allmost flawless. We had some fly cues missed on our opening night. Some minor others were major. Such as our backdrops of New York not in place for the first scene then durring the middle of the first scene it finaly flew in.

The reality is that Shakespeare's tragedies just don't pull like his comedies do. We've seen most of the comedies in an outside setting up at Lake Tahoe, including one "Midsummer' when it was actually 42 that night. those poor fairies were freezing their 'you know's' off.

We're just getting ready to close "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" and the audiences have been incredible. If you haven't done that one yet, it really seems to be a pleaser - we're also getting ready to do "The Full Monty", which I'm thinking will please the women as much as Snoopy pleased the kids. I frankly can't wait for auditions...

Don't angst over accidents - there's not a single show that runs error free. As long as the audience didn't notice, it's all good!

Charlie

Hey Icewolf08,
I know where you can get some "fairy balls" now.
Hey, my fairy balls worked just fantastic. That is until two of the fairies decided to smash their balls together right before they went on stage. Needless to say, Oberon broke his ball, it just wouldn't light up. It just goes to show you how unproductive it is to bash your balls!

It also turns out that dropping your fairy balls is rather counter productive. Unless it's the day after strike and the fairy ball is the broken "spare" that is full of "fairy dust" (I now hate glitter in ways words cannot express) then rather than dropping one should through against a hard surface. This we decided would be very productive, has yet to be tested yet thought.......Where did that spare go?

Awesome obscure past post reference Van. Some of us have spent way too much time here together.

Awesome obscure past post reference Van. Some of us have spent way too much time here together.
Yeah I can remember a thread on here for 6 months but I can't remember to pick up milk and bread on the way home.... How does that work ?:think:

Yeah I can remember a thread on here for 6 months but I can't remember to pick up milk and bread on the way home.... How does that work ?:think:

Wow! You can still remember to go home... you aren't as old as I thought. :mrgreen:

here are some pictures of the stage I work in

Attachments

• 070925_143712.jpg
    070925_143712.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 070926_163504.jpg
    070926_163504.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 070926_163812.jpg
    070926_163812.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_0835.JPG
    100_0835.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 10
Very nice -there are days when I would kill to get back into a theater like that. There are other when I'm so happy to be in a small (300 seat) theater, I weep with joy. Then there are those days when it's unclear what I want.

Beautiful shots, though! You are lucky to be cutting your teeth in such a great looking facility.

Char5lie

Got any audio pictures?
-
Is that a Venice or Verona hiding under that blue cover?

Audio Pictures ? Would that I could post a picture of some sheet music right now. That would be funny.:mrgreen:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back