High End AF1000's, thoughts?

I can't find to many details about the AF1000s on the internet.

What are your thoughts on these strobes?

I know they are not a set of Atomic 3000s, but how do the compare to a Chauvet Mega Strobe II (DMX version)?

Last edited by a moderator:
they're not a bad unit. They're not hard to operate as long as you address them correctly of course :twisted:

this is High Ends page them, a nice overview
Dataflash® AF1000™ - Effects - Products - High End Systems

heres the User manual http://www.highend.com/pub/products/effects/AF1000/af1000.pdf

hope this helps some, I havent used the other unit to compare it to. But compared to the Atomic Strobe it not as good but it not bad.

They're some other threads on here about the DataFlash so you could check them out

I have five AF1000 DataFlashes in my inventory and we love them. They get used a lot. If you have the resources to run them on 208V power you will get even more kick out of them, but on 120V they still have some punch. I have found them to be reliable and easy to use and have never had issues creating the effects we want with them.

they're not a bad unit. They're not hard to operate as long as you address them correctly of course :twisted:

this is High Ends page them, a nice overview
Dataflash® AF1000™ - Effects - Products - High End Systems

heres the User manual http://www.highend.com/pub/products/effects/AF1000/af1000.pdf

hope this helps some, I havent used the other unit to compare it to. But compared to the Atomic Strobe it not as good but it not bad.

They're some other threads on here about the DataFlash so you could check them out

Just make sure that you allow a single 20A circuit per AF-1000 strobe. When they fire, they draw a very large pulse of current from the line.

ST

RUN RUN RUN.

They are decent for their application. I still hate the way they thermal out too easy. You also have to make sure that you have the actual AF-1000 lamps (H.O.). If you just put a normal data flash lamp in them, they will only be as bright as a regular data flash.

But I also agree, if you can run them on 208v, you will be much more pleased.

I agree with rschwimmer, we have two of them in our stock they are fun little units the only draw back is that they overheat to quickly and go into to cool down mode. If you arent familiar with them, the first time this happens you are wondering why they are no longer responding.

Make sure to use the HO1 lamps in Architectual mode, and vise-versa.

The HO vs SO lamps will make a difference in your output. Pleased with them yes, would see the 208v mode especially.

In question of programmign problems yes! The controller verses fixture manual give different info about how to program them as I remember in very confusing. Always hard to prep them given that mis-information but think the controller manual was wrong if of help in address for the fixture.

Oveall, I love them great fixture.

As a concept perhaps it's more a directed beam of light than wash beam one might consider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back