High End Intellaspot XT-1

It does looks nice. I look forward to seeing the final spec and price. Seeing a demo of the fixture could be fun.

I thought this fixture was going to be a technobeam type night club deal, but from the video of Richard and Brad it looks like a tank. I also forgot how much ink Belliveau has going.

Boy brad looks awkward in this video: Barco | intellaspot XT-1 | 20,000 lumens with a 850W lamp

I can't decide if I like the light or not, it looks to be larger than a VL3000 which is kinda crazy to me. The styling is also an interesting choice, though the hidden handle in the yolk and the large aperture are both things I like. I am curious if this light will be picked up by any of the big houses, or if it will be more mid-small level rental houses who pick it up.

I am curious if this light will be picked up by any of the big houses, or if it will be more mid-small level rental houses who pick it up.
At 115 lbs (52.16 kg), I'm not sure anyone will be picking it up. ;)

It's YOKE, dammit. You iz a proffessional now.

An 850w fixture that weighs 115lbs...thats a lot more than a Mac700. I also noticed it looks HUGE about as big as a MacIII. I do like the zoom range though at 11 to 55 degrees it's got a huge range. Very interesting fixture indeed.

I put this out on Lightnetwork, but wanted you guys to see it here too. Let me know if you have any questions...

I had the pleasure of spending a couple of hours yesterday with Richard, Brad and the guys on the Intellaspot project with the fixture. I have to say, I was completely impressed.

Some of the fine points (from the outside):
120v unit!!!! (Well, 100-240v, but for those quick one-offs, I can use an edison circuit)
This thing is a CANNON for 850w!
CMY mixing is fast with some a new feature that allows the wheel to go backwards to bump to full saturation instantly without going through the entire wheel.
Color wheel is frameless so the split colors are extremely clean
The prism has some beautiful effects on the output. With where it is in the optic path, it doesn't look like 4 of the same image just split around. It's hard to explain, but with a split color in along with a gobo, when the prism is in, it looks like 2 gobos of 1 color and 2 gobos of the other color BEHIND the first one. (You have to see it to understand)
Very smooth zoom (5 to 1), focus and iris
Animation system, in combination with prism, gobos, etc. provided some beautiful fire, water, etc. animations all from the same wheel.
VERY quiet fixture
The electronic strobe was FAST (and almost hurt...but not quite)
"Battery backup" for the display is instantaneous for seeing software number and setting DMX address. It doesn't shut down the fixture if the batteries fail and, in a pinch, you can grab 4 AA batteries from the noise boys and be fine.
I really like the look/aesthetics of the fixture...
LOVE the extra set of handles on the fixture. Makes it VERY easy to move around and control without strain.

From the inside (since I would have to fix it):
VERY maintenance friendly
Everything is captive screws (and not quarter-turns to break off)
Lenses are o-ring sealed and able to all be cleaned without disassembly (but you can if you need to)
All components are modular for easy removal (release the harness, undo two screws and the modules come out)
For reflector replacement (which can be a PAIN on some fixtures) was a 2 minute job. Pull the lamp, pull to screws and out it comes. VERY NICE!
Gobos/Colors can be cleaned/changed without disassembly or pulling the module
Lamp alignment is 3-screw based
Top head assembly comes apart VERY easily for motor power supply and/or ballast removal (could be done in a couple of minutes)

Questions I asked:
Framing shutter possibilities? - Richard said "could it be done? yes, but at the loss of probably the animation and 1 gobo wheel to make it fit." No promises of being one, but, personally, I would love to see one in the future
Longer lamp life? 750 for permanent installs is not a long time. He said they should be able to do a long-life lamp, but it would be at the cost of lumens (just like any other long life lamp)
Of course, I had to ask price point...without quoting them (contact your local sales rep for your price), I was VERY surprised at the price point for the amount of features in the fixture.

So, all that said, would I buy the fixture? Absolutely. I'd love to have a dozen right now. I'll definitely be looking at them in the future when I need a bigger fixture set.

If I can answer any questions, hit me up. I'll do my best.

Boy brad looks awkward in this video: Barco | intellaspot XT-1 | 20,000 lumens with a 850W lamp

I can't decide if I like the light or not, it looks to be larger than a VL3000 which is kinda crazy to me. The styling is also an interesting choice, though the hidden handle in the yolk and the large aperture are both things I like. I am curious if this light will be picked up by any of the big houses, or if it will be more mid-small level rental houses who pick it up.

I usually can separate the yolks without touching them. It's the key to a good merengue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back