Control/Dimming Hog 3 busking. Colour "bump" key

Hiya all. Hope everyone is writing letters to Santa about wanting an MA programmer wing and a new scooter.

Recently through scouting I have run a few shows as lighting desk op and programmer in one case for shows ranging from completely unknown event with 12 movers and about 30 LEDs on a hog 1000 :( to musicals with large rigs but completely pre-programmed.

I've been trying to work on my programming skills especially with busking and I have run into a stop and question.

At the moment I am trying to set up an easy busking set-up with masters for intensities, movements, positions, colour looks, conventionals (for solos). I have come up with an idea but am wondering how to pull it off. For my music I was thinking of an alternative to bumping the blinders for tempo and beat. I want to have a
Bump key that when held opens all fixtures to white (the CMYs and wheel) and when released restores the colour from the other master. Does anyone know a way to program this because at the
Momment when I hit the bump key it stays white because of the LTP settings I am guessing.

Please note I am just using the hog 3000 offline editor and the ESP vision demo rig. Mainly because that means I can work on it whenever I have time and need
Something to do (what little there is)

Thanks for all your help CB

Beat wishes through the new year
Cal

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-37.719951,145.072883

I'm not sure on Hog3, but on HogII, I think it was: make sure "Persist on over-ride" and "Maintain State" were turned OFF under Cuelist Options.

Somehow I missed this thread...

It's actually REALLY easy on the Hog 3.

Grab your fixtures...select Open White/CMY White/Slot white...whatever.
Have an empty fader on the playback surface
RECORD (and then on the bottom of the right screen) USE C
Press Choose on an empty fader
You now have a single cue cuelist
Now, in the options for the list, go to the fader settings...
Select GO+ on Flash and RELEASE on Release

Now...when you press the flash button, they all go white...
When you let go, it releases and goes back to whatever is running from somewhere else. You just want to make sure there is NO OTHER INFORMATION in the list.

If you want to run it from a virtual list...add a second cue (completely empty) and set the comment macro to RLxxx (where XXX is the list number).

Hope that helps...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back