Control/Dimming Hog 4 Question.

Hello everyone. i am going to be using a Hog 4 console in a show that's coming up. Unfortunately the console does not have enough faders so i will have to rent a Playback wing. I don't really like the Hog 4 series of playback wings and was wondering would it be possible to use a Wholehog 3 expansion wing with the hog 4 console?

Thanks in advance.
James

Can go to highend wed update software for your hog 3 wing or you can use the hog4 12 command keys to run cue

Sent from my HUAWEI G525-U00 using Tapatalk

Hello everyone. i am going to be using a Hog 4 console in a show that's coming up. Unfortunately the console does not have enough faders so i will have to rent a Playback wing. I don't really like the Hog 4 series of playback wings and was wondering would it be possible to use a Wholehog 3 expansion wing with the hog 4 console?

Thanks in advance.
James

How many faders do you need at once?? WIth the Hog 4 (assuming you are having a full size or full boar)…you have motorized faders. Create multiple pages for what you need. Bury what you don't need immediate access to. Make a view with cuelist bumps (to simulate the upper rows of the expansion wing) and macros and create macros that change your pages immediately to whatever page you need.

I just did a show with 100+ movers, a couple 96-racks of dimming, and LEDs up the wazoo. I didn't use a wing. I had pagers for different types and jumped around just as fast as reaching over to a wing.

You can also fill up the command keys with lists/executors and that adds another 12 bumps.

But as to your initial question, yes the Hog3 Expansion wings work with the Hog 4. They are just a USB connection to the console and setup under the same location. You do not need any software updates as the wings are already supported in both softwares.

J

I've found that a lot of the things that I used to put on faders can easily be accomplished running scenes or cuelists from the screens. Frees me up a lot of faders, and uses that screen real estate that would just go to waste otherwise. Take a look at that while you're programming the next show, and see what you could put on the screen and free up some faders.

I program on Hog 3 Full Boars, but the concept is the same.

How many faders do you need at once?? WIth the Hog 4 (assuming you are having a full size or full boar)…you have motorized faders. Create multiple pages for what you need. Bury what you don't need immediate access to. Make a view with cuelist bumps (to simulate the upper rows of the expansion wing) and macros and create macros that change your pages immediately to whatever page you need.

I just did a show with 100+ movers, a couple 96-racks of dimming, and LEDs up the wazoo. I didn't use a wing. I had pagers for different types and jumped around just as fast as reaching over to a wing.

You can also fill up the command keys with lists/executors and that adds another 12 bumps.

But as to your initial question, yes the Hog3 Expansion wings work with the Hog 4. They are just a USB connection to the console and setup under the same location. You do not need any software updates as the wings are already supported in both softwares.

J

I usually like having 30 faders. looks like i'll just rent a wing.

Thanks for you help

So do you actually use 30 dimmer based cues on faders? That's seems rather a lot.
Any cue that doesn't contain dimmer information does not need to be on a fader. Open the scene window and maximise it, then turn guard off. Record straight into there, this gives you literally hundreds of executors. Then you also have the 12 Command Keys for thing you prefer a hard button for.
I never understand people who say there's not enough playback on a Hog!

Oh, and what don't you like about the Hog 4 wing? It's just a bunch of faders and a monitor!

So do you actually use 30 dimmer based cues on faders? That's seems rather a lot.
Any cue that doesn't contain dimmer information does not need to be on a fader. Open the scene window and maximise it, then turn guard off. Record straight into there, this gives you literally hundreds of executors. Then you also have the 12 Command Keys for thing you prefer a hard button for.
I never understand people who say there's not enough playback on a Hog!

Oh, and what don't you like about the Hog 4 wing? It's just a bunch of faders and a monitor!

Yep i use 30 faders most of the time for moving lights and other fixtures. I'm pretty much working 100% of the time on DJ Events so i always need to have fast access to faders. As for the Hog 4 wings the one that has faders called the "Playback Wing 4" only has 10 faders on it and the Wholehog 3 wing has 20 faders and 20 more faderless play back buttons so i personally would rather use that.

The Wholehog Expansion wing has 20 faders and 20 playbacks, the standard playback wings still only have 10 faders. The Wholehog wings are only 10 faders, the Roadhog wings have 10 faders and an included touchscreen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back