Automated Fixtures Hog 500

Shawncfer

So thanks to [user]starksk[/user], I was able to get the insight working with the Through DMX. And fortunately, I was able to get my hands on a Hog 500. But I would still like to run all my conventionals through the insight, and Movers and LEDS through the Hog. I haven't used this hog much before. Enough to get everything patched, working, record cue stacks and all that jazz.

Theres just two problems I'm having right now. Number one, I can't figure out how to do effects on the moving lights. All my movers are Elation Power Spot 250s. Anybody know how to get effects going?

Second, really simple question, how do you follow a cue?

Follow on a Hog is called Wait. It should be the first column on the display if you hit [PIG] + [CHOOSE], the [CHOOSE] of course being the one for the stack you want to add a follow/wait time to. Pretty much, the cue "waits" that amount of time after the previous cue has been fired before firing. The nomenclature actually makes a lot of sense! So to set a wait time, go to the "wait" cell of the cue that you want to add a follow/wait time to, and hit [SET], and enter the time.

As far as the effects, you should see the basic effects pop up when you have fixtures selected and you hit the [EFFECT] key. Select one using the arrow keys and [ENTER] and then adjust the size, rate, and offset. Hold the [SET] key and spin the offset encoder to fan the offset of the fixtures so that they don't all move or otherwise change parameters in unison (unless you want all of your fixtures to be moving in a unison circle rather than at offset points!). Just experiment and see what works! The effects engine in the Hog 500 is quite limited, but if you get creative it gets the job done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back