(Hopefully) Straight-forward com question

blueeyesdesigns

I have a Clear-com wall-mount headset station (HB-702) in a place where it would be much, much more convenient to have a jack like the WP2 jack/wall-plate. Just a gut-check: I am assuming that I should be able to just disconnect the HB702 and put the WP2 in its place with a modicum of fuss, right? (I know the connections are a bit different - I found and would follow the wiring diagram for the WP2.) I surmise from the resources online that the wall panel's basically the same electronics as a beltpack, in a different form factor. There isn't some difference in the signal/send to that panel that would make me unable to put a jack there and use a beltpack instead?

Wiring's the same. Either way the wall plate is receiving a shielded twisted pair for Ch A, and a shielded twisted pair for Ch B.

I'm not a huge fan of the WP2 plates myself. I always specify something like the attached plate with at least one discrete XLR3M for each channel.

In high-traffic areas, I'll double up the connectors for each channel so a couple different people can be at the same area strung out to beltpacks without having to daisy chain into a spaghetti mess.

upload_2017-11-2_10-27-11.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back