How do I i light beakers from the bottom?

I’m working on a show and i want to light beakers from underneath the table. there is a gap under the table to put lights. But nothing i do is bright enough. I was planning on using mini ellipsoidals but am having trouble. How can i get this to work without buying any new equipment?

I did it with SMD 5050 LED strips and some gaff tape to mask the ones that weren't under the beaker... but you don't want to buy anything.
img_0320-jpg.15764

You won’t get away with using what’s in stock unless you are willing to cut the table up some.

Even then that table will then give a tan to the lower half of anyone standing behind it.

You can goto the dollar store and get some led tea lights. Then stain the bottom of your beakers to hide the tea light.

Seconded on the don’t use water unless you are using the water.

It will undoubtly Be spilled and ruin things.

Clear glue with food coloring rolled around the inside. Or very dyed water left in for a few days to stain the glass if you want it less permanent.

Seconded on the don’t use water unless you are using the water.

It will undoubtly Be spilled and ruin things.

Clear glue with food coloring rolled around the inside. Or very dyed water left in for a few days to stain the glass if you want it less permanent.
The only problem is that we are borrowing the glassware, so i have to do something not permanent at all

Well then tissue paper.

Or take frost/diffusion gels, cut to size, and wrap them around the insides of the glassware.

A thick application of Aquanet or hairspray will also give you a nice layer of goo for light to catch on that you can rinse out with some industrial-strength gorilla shampoo before you return the glassware.

Did you say you drilled holes in tha table? How big are the holes? That could be the problem. You might try a bigger hole w/plexiglass over it to keep the beakers from falling through.
Also, dim the stage as much as possible. Try a special spot on the actor(s) that does not hit the beakers. Be sure the background is black or dark.
You might try an LED flashlight to see if it is brighter. But an ERS or led strip should work. Look at other aspects if the set lighting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back