How do I run my desk from my laptop?

Arez said:
I wanted to run it from my computer so that I wouldn't have to move the desk out of the booth for tech week, don't ask why but we do.

First off, moving the board is common practice. Its nice to be able to see the stage from the audience perspective. Secondly ETC does offer a unit that connects via ETCnet, and then you can attach monitors and a RFU to control the board. It's nice in some cases, but it doesnt always make sense . . .you dont always have full control of things.

BTW: you can use your computer to control the board, but unlike the RMS, you must connect through an ETCnet node . . .and you need the right node for what software you have on your board (1 or 2) Most boards come with both Offline and Online software, or you can download both from the ETC site. The online software requires a board serial number.

By the way Zero 88 make great desks i loved the simlarity with their diffrent desk

i had to use a Bullfrog once

then when i say the screen layout for the jester i was relived

You can infact run emphasis from your laptop. The LD at my college has the emphasis server set up with the desk, he has a copy of WYSIWYG on his laptop (w/dongle). I don't know how exactly he did it, but its with the emphasis server and a wireless network based off of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back