How do you deal with your dmx?

DDion

I'm not a sound or lights guy, but the nature of the small university I work for has put both of these areas into my job description. So i'm unfamiliar with a lot of standard practices in both of these areas and I constantly come here to find answers to my questions, but this one I don't know how to word right in the search so maybe its already been discussed...

I'm wondering what people typically do to dress DMX coming off their electrics.

The theater recently had dmx lines put in for LED and moving fixtures, but the "installed" cable terminates DR near the ground, upstage of the proscenium. There was a "system" installed to manage the cable when I got here, but it involved 2" pipe fixtures hanging from tie line and a horizontal cable attached to two walls (but the screws were pulling out...). So I took that down as soon as I could because it was hoping to fall and hit somebody.

So... what are the standard methods used? Should the dmx follow the electrical cable up to the grid then down through the PL and to the booth? Should it go off the opposite side of the baton because of the field that that electrical cable puts off? Pictures would be great if you have them.

*If its important the rigging system is single purchase t-track.

Thanks! I was hoping that would be the solution. Not sure why that didn't occur to the folks before me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back