Wireless How many...

How many wireless receivers/channels does your facility have?

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • 1-5

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • 6-10

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • 11-15

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • 16+

Votes: 24 44.4%

• Total voters

sdauditorium

wireless channels/systems does your facility have? If you rent receivers/systems from an outside source for large productions don't count those. Only count what your facility has in house.

As an addendum, include the brand and transmitters that you have with those along with the type/level of facility.

Figured it'd be fun to compare and see where everyone else is at.

we have 8 receivers but 8 belt packs and 2 handheld wireless mics
for shows we don't really use the handhelds much though so it's fine.

we also have one other lav with a receiver that we plug right into the board but it's not as good as the others so we try to stay away from it unless we absolutely need it. (normally it's just a spare)

U.Va. has 17 channels of Lectrosonics wireless--SMDa transmitters and Venue receivers. It's a public university drama department.

For our 750-seat main theatre, 125-seat black box, outdoor stage, and portable systems, we have 24 Shure ULX receivers with 2 wireless handhelds, 4 lapel mic's, and 24 E6i's.

We also have an FM transmitter for ALS, with 24 receivers. No IEM's.

Last edited:
24 channels of Shure UHF-R, all with beltpacks and Countryman E6i earsets. Private college theatre department.

Our main stage is 636 seats. We have 24 Shure SLX wireless systems with WL51 mic elements. We also have 8 Sm58 handhelds and 8 Beta 87 handhelds that can tune to the same receivers.

~Dave

How do you like the 2k series?
They are amazing. The only 2 problems we have had with them are 1. some one landed hard on it and got the up button stuck not a surprise it happens. 2. The battery door latches like to pop off. Its a known issue and they sent us some new ones. Being able to have 24 receivers and 26 transmitters and being able to sync it up so the transmitter doesn't know the difference. Great for a quick mic switch.

4 Shure SLX's with standard lav mics (51s?) and 58 handheld (the combo pack). Have 5 old audio-technicas I am trying to salvage from the last SM. They were/are in pretty bad shape.
Would love to have more, but considering we do really only one show a year that requires more than the four lavs, I can't really justify the cost. Other things more pressing, too. Only so much $$$ to go around.

4 Shure SLX's with standard lav mics (51s?) and 58 handheld (the combo pack). Have 5 old audio-technicas I am trying to salvage from the last SM. They were/are in pretty bad shape.
Would love to have more, but considering we do really only one show a year that requires more than the four lavs, I can't really justify the cost. Other things more pressing, too. Only so much $$$ to go around.

Isn't that the truth, moreso especially now with budget cuts and so forth. I'm planning to add another 4 systems (currently at 16) within the next 3 years to put our capacity at 20. We also have 16 of the E6i ear/cheek mics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back