How should I proceed?

You think you have hard-edged-beam LED fixtures figured out? Heh, I have the answer. But I'm just not up on that whole lawyer and patent and petitioning manufacturers thing. I just don't have the energy or the money to pursue it.

So instead I just sit here in smug satisfaction that no one else has found my solution to a brilliantly bright, sharp-edged-beam LED fixture yet.

All the existing fixture designs I've seen are just stupid. No one is willing (or able) to think outside the box, I guess.

But, oh well, it'll be fun to see how long until someone else discovers how to ramp up the LED density by 10x to 100x per standard-sized PAR fixture without enlarging the fixture too much vs what is being done now.

If you are confident in this then you should invest the few thousand dollars to file a Preliminary patent application. You would then be protected for a year and based on that try to raise funding to finalize the patent application and put together a proof of concept. If you are correct then you could make some serious money selling the patented design

Sharyn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back