How to patch a DMX controlled Rosco Delta 3000

This post will clearly show my ignorance, but I feel like I'm missing a step here.

We have a Delta 3000 fogger that we are trying to use for a childrens' show and the mainstage productions. We've fed it DMX properly, addressed it to 512, patched it at our board (we use an ETC Ion), and it still doesn't fire. It works fine when it's operated manually. We used it for a concert last month, and we had no issues in controlling it via DMX. Is there a step missing somewhere in the process? Are there more channels that I have to put into the board when I'm patching it? I'm just a little lost with it. Any advice would be amazingly appreciated.

there should be three dials on the back, set the first to 5, the second to 1, and the third to 1, see if that works

This post will clearly show my ignorance, but I feel like I'm missing a step here.

We have a Delta 3000 fogger that we are trying to use for a childrens' show and the mainstage productions. We've fed it DMX properly, addressed it to 512, patched it at our board (we use an ETC Ion), and it still doesn't fire. It works fine when it's operated manually. We used it for a concert last month, and we had no issues in controlling it via DMX. Is there a step missing somewhere in the process? Are there more channels that I have to put into the board when I'm patching it? I'm just a little lost with it. Any advice would be amazingly appreciated.

Good Morning

What controller did you use last month?
Are you using the second port on the back of the ION? If so, that would be universe 2, not Universe 1, so it would need to be patched that way.
How are your cables? have they been tested?
Is the "signal" lite on the DELTA on?

Good Luck

There is only one dial on the back.

We've tested it on both universes and it doesn't work on either. There isn't a signal light per say, but there is a display that says "DMX OK". We haven't changed controllers since we last used them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back