Help with Strand 100 controlling CD80 pack

Jvandy

Newbie here. Starting school productions at my elementary school and I’ve got a Strand lighting board that I can’t get to communicate with stage lighting. Read the manual, searched online for answers and now I’m hoping someone can throw me a bone here. I can turn lights on manually on the CD 80 pack, but nothing with the Strand 100 control board that I have. When plugged in DMX indicator lights up and I feel like it should be working, but I’m clearly missing a step. Attached are pics of the pack and the control board. Big thanks to anyone willing to point me in the right direction!

Attachments

• IMG_8895.jpeg
    IMG_8895.jpeg
    665.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_8894.jpeg
    IMG_8894.jpeg
    435.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_8893.jpeg
    IMG_8893.jpeg
    645 KB · Views: 70
Well, the cd80 pack has the dmx light illuminated, so I'm going to assume signal is getting that far. Try setting the "dimmer address select" wheel above the x1 position to 1. With it at zero you are currently looking at a dmx address of zero, which might be a problem.

For starters, The "Dimmer Address Select" thumbwheels on the pack are set to 000, and I would expect them to be 001. It should still work but maybe everything is off by one?

Edit: Posted concurrently with the above.

For starters, The "Dimmer Address Select" thumbwheels on the pack are set to 000, and I would expect them to be 001. It should still work but maybe everything is off by one?

Edit: Posted concurrently with the above.
Thank you so much!!! We have working lights! Something so simple but I had no clue. I really can’t thank you enough for taking time to help me with this!

Not sure if the cd80 is this way, but ive had other similar packs go into a "test mode" when address 0 is selected.
The CD80 is not that smart.:( And more often it's an address greater than 512 that activates the
"secret functions": all-fade, single channel fade, dimmer check, etc.
Thank you so much!!! We have working lights! Something so simple but I had no clue. I really can’t thank you enough for taking time to help me with this!
Glad it's working for you. Looking more closely, someone has previously documented the "dimmer start address" by writing "001" in pencil under the thumbwheels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back