How's the Delta 3000?

Heyo,

Our theater is looking to purchase a new fog machine. We need something dmx controllable and dependable. Any suggestions? We've heard the Rosco Delta 3000 is great. We've also looked into hazers but have decided a fogger will be more useful for the effects we're after.

Anything helps.
Thanks!

Marv

We have had the Delta 3000 for a number of years now at our PAC. It's a great unit and the output will definitely handle most mid-sized stages. Our stage is approximately 30' deep from the PL, proscenium height of 18' and width of 48'. We can cover the stage in roughly 20 seconds on 10/100%. Just a reminder the base unit is separate from the required remote that you need to purchase for an additional cost. We picked up the analog and it does just fine. Of course, it has DMX I/O which is how we generally run it. A word of warning, even running it at 20-30% puts out quite a slug.

We do the suggested maintenance on regular intervals as well as after each use and have never had any issues with it. I would definitely recommend it as a safe and reliable purchase you'd be extremely satisfied with.

Rosco has a long history of making fine smoke/fog machines. In the same price range, I'd also investigate the HES FQ-100.

Any chance of having your friendly local dealer do a shoot-out?

Thanks for the suggestion. The machine we're replacing is the HES F-100. It was great in it's hayday but now it only works about 75% of the time and no one has been able to pin point why. So, I guess that makes me a little hesitant about HES but then again it's an OLD machine so I should put that bias aside.

Our "friendly local dealer" suggested the Delta. They ... well, they're great but they don't always have the smartest advice for us. That's why I go to the pros here. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back