I kind of get it but, I need a little but more

manders11

So the director of the musical at my school recently asked me to create fake glass bottles. So, I started my research and I found that I should most likely use sugar glass and create a mold with silicone plaster. I understand how to create the mold but then i don't understand what to do with the mold after that. How do I get the sugar glass to stick to the mold, the whole situation is confusing. Any suggestions
Thanks in Advance
Manders :)

Sorta what metti said. Making fake bottles is a VERY time consuming and difficult task. How many performances are you doing ? or rather how many bottle do you need. One of the reasons I ask is that I notice you are in Long Island. I can assume that you have a rather high humidity level, or that at the least your standard weather conditions are similar to mine. I have had next to no sucess making sugar glass during my tenure here in PDX. Why ? It just wont set up right without the proper humidity controls and drying aparatus. it's a real PITA. Unless you are going through a case every night I would suggest Norcostco, or Rose Brand. Again I want to make sure I'm not stiffling any creativity here you go right ahead and try and let us know your results, but please know it's is very difficult., and I've only ever attempted glass panes and mirrors before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back