If you use a Petzl climbing harness...

Jay Ashworth

There's apparently a problem with the D-ring; go check their website. I'll put up a link when I get home if someone else hasn't already done so.

Without checking the "listing" of these specific harnesses for use in fall arrest or work positioning, my take is that climbing/recreational goods are not automagically suitable for life safety in the workplace.

My soon-to-retire harness is a Petzl Newton.

It looks like two are from their professional line and are for rope access and one is from the sport line.

It looks like two are from their professional line and are for rope access and one is from the sport line.
Good notice, Harrison. My poorly worded intent was "make sure your harness meets the correct ANSI spec for the job".

Good notice, Harrison. My poorly worded intent was "make sure your harness meets the correct ANSI spec for the job".
Agreed. I have ran into the same issue with helmets. Just cause it will protect you in one activity doesn't mean it will protect you in all activities.

What you’re looking for in the US is that the harness is ANSI z359 compliant, which on of the models recalled is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back