Control/Dimming Ignition Studio Par Platinum Overheat/Not Responding To DMX

relots

Hi,

This is my first post here and I'm hoping someone can help me out with my problem I'm having with our new light system. We just recently installed a brand new light system to our high school. We have 15 Colorforce 72's and 20 Ignition Studio Par Platinum 20x3 watt LED lights. It is all controlled by a Leprecon 96V with the Elo touch screen. It's an amazing system but I'm having two problems with the Par LEDs.

First is that when I have the par lights doing an effect such as a strobe or color fade (anything special like that) they all seem to get locked on doing that and I have to clear everything out to get them to stop. The second issue is that my one par light seems to ignore all the signals I send to it via DMX. It will just stay the color I select from the start or if all the lights are doing a strobe FX it will go considerably slower. Also if the color is for example all blue on the pars that one will be a totally different shade. And furthermore, the light also gets considerably hotter then the other LED's. Today I was taking it off our rig and it was extremely warm compared to the other LEDs that were on for the same amount of time.I've tried everything I could think of and my search on the internet has turned up nothing. If anyone could please help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Explain how you are setting up your strobe effects, or do you mean chases. As far as the one rogue unit, it could be a number of things. Here is a list of things to check.
1. Check the patch and make sure you have overlapped your DMX address for that light.
2. Check the cable feeding that light, try it in elsewhere in the chain and see if the problem moves with the cable.
3. Replace the cable in the original chain and see if the problem persists.
4. Move the problem light to the beginning of the DMX chain, it may be a cable distance thing.
5. If the light works at the head of the line, put another light behind the original next to last light. I could be a DMX passthrough problem. You could check that before moving the problem light by bypassing the light before it by disconnecting both cables and plugging them together.
6. This should be done before anything, install a terminator at the end of the DMX chain.

I have tried moving all the lights around and it seems to just be this one fixture that keeps causing problems. I have checked and rechecked the 5-Pin DMX. I have also checked the terminators at the end of the chain. The way the board is programed when I go to the "beam" page on the Leprecon console screen there is a value box to put in the codes for strobes and FX. When I put it on a basic red, green, blue color chase/strobe it always goes slower then the other lights, ie. If all the lights are going at 180bpm the rouge light only goes about 60bpm.

OK, try putting the problem child as the first and only light and see if the problem persists. As far as the chase, which is what I think you are doing not a strobe, try associating it to a sub, then you can control it without having to clear everything. I glanced through the manual and that is what they suggest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back