IMAG and Projector

StradivariusBone

Custom Title
Premium Member
Fight Leukemia
So our school does a Prism concert in December that entails multiple music groups playing in quick succession all over the audience and on the stage. My music directors have asked me if it would be possible to project video of the groups to our screen so that the people in seats that are not as close can see the performers more clearly, basically a poor man's IMAG of sorts.

We've got an Epson Powerlite hung off the light bridge that projects to a screen mid stage and it's possible to move the screen to our valence bar so it can come in front of the main. The projector input is wired down to SR, and it has a VGA input.

I've been wanting to run an alternate input to our sound booth so I can run presentations for people for simple meetings, but now I'm not sure what type of cable will work best for this scenario. I originally was going to just take a manual splitter and put it on the bridge and run VGA down to the booth and put an amplifier in front of it.

The camera for the IMAG rig would be in close proximity to our booth. What would be the best cable to run to accommodate a possible once-per-year video feed while being used regularly to run VGA and the occasional DP/HMDI off a laptop?

What resolution is the projector? Does it have two vga inputs? What outputs does your camera have and at what resolution? Odds are going vga to your booth to a second input on the projector and get an HDMI to vga converter to patch in the camera.

It's native is XGA 1024x768. I actually just looked it up, it was installed before my time. The VGA port installed on stage is actually an Extron converter and it feeds the 5-BNC input so I've got two VGA inputs open to drive the additional drop.

The other side is my music guys are coming up short with a HD camera, but we seem to be able to piece together a few SD cameras that could remain static and pointed at the zones where the performers are and then feed into a switcher that would output directy to the projector. I like this setup since our patch bay is upstairs just about 25' from the projector and I could park the switcher pretty close to the projector. That also keeps it all composite since I've got coax drops all over the building.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back