Installing CTO filter in Chauvet Intimidator 475z

Has anyone figured out how to install the included CTO filter in a Chauvet Intim. 475z? I am unable to see a slot for it to go and there is nothing on the Chauvet website. TIA.

Hi Lightpainter76,

Since the dichroic colors are all glued together and cannot be removed, the CTO filter gets installed into any of the GOBO slots with a simple swap of the gobo you like the least.

Is this for a one off event or semi-permanent? As Allan notes, putting a dichroic filter in place of one of the gobos is an option if you don't need it with the gobos in.

For temporary use you could simply tape CTO gel to the front of the fixture. Not especially pretty, but by far the cheapest option.

For more permanent CTO gel use you could either:
  1. Remove the face cover around the lens, and carefully cut and sandwich the CTO gel between the cover and the lens.
  2. Have custom gel frames fabricated that mount to the front of the fixtures. This is fairly common in more expensive fixtures, but not so much on cheaper ones.
Calling @Ford &/or @rsmentele
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard
The product page lists an included 4000 K CTO filter, but none of the documentation mentions how to install/use it. :think:

Is this for a one off event or semi-permanent? As Allan notes, putting a dichroic filter in place of one of the gobos is an option if you don't need it with the gobos in.

For temporary use you could simply tape CTO gel to the front of the fixture. Not especially pretty, but by far the cheapest option.

For more permanent CTO gel use you could either:
  1. Remove the face cover around the lens, and carefully cut and sandwich the CTO gel between the cover and the lens.
  2. Have custom gel frames fabricated that mount to the front of the fixtures. This is fairly common in more expensive fixtures, but not so much on cheaper ones.

The product page lists an included 4000 K CTO filter, but none of the documentation mentions how to install/use it. :think:
I like idea #1. I’ll have to look at that. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back