Interesting day.

My old stomping ground only had a handful of movers in their halogen rig. Used for SFX and for specials (multiples places per show). Hung on 1e or 2e, they'd be able to hit most of the stage.

Picking up the deposit tomorrow afternoon then attending the Chamber of Commerce After Hours.

Friday will be creating lots of Purchase Orders and spending a ton of money.

Listen to the customer.

Understand their current ability.

Design above their current ability. (Creates challenges to learn, improve .)

Welcome them to the company history.

WMP C.jpg

A cheque? WOW haven't seen one of those for a while. All of my transactions are done by EFT these days. I means I don't have to go to the bank and I can get payments quickly. I am sure yo will have fun spending that on the toys for the job.

Nothing wrong with cheques, so long as you can still use them. Not sure in the states, but many UK banks now charge a premium to handle paper cheques, and they have to be presented at a physical branch, which themselves are becoming like hen's teeth in smaller towns.

Nothing wrong with cheques, so long as you can still use them. Not sure in the states, but many UK banks now charge a premium to handle paper cheques, and they have to be presented at a physical branch, which themselves are becoming like hen's teeth in smaller towns.
Yeah that's whats wrong with them. I have to get off my behind and find time to get to the bank to deposit it. EFT is best for me but as long as you are being paid for the work you ate doing all is good

We used to have branches of the 4 major UK high street banks in our town. HSBC went first, followed by Nat West and now Barclay's are closing, leaving only Lloyd's, and I wouldn't be surprised if they follow suit. Nearest branches of the missing banks are now 7+ miles away. Not far in the great scheme of things, but far enough to make going to a physical branch a pain.

Not sure if any of the UK banks allow you to simply scan a cheque, although that's what the deposit machines in the branch do so no reason why they couldn't.

I'm not sure, but I've never deposited a high $$ amount check via the app. $5000 is my personal limit. My gf had a check for $190000 and asked if she could deposit it in the ATM. I said, better to see a teller. Don't want technology to botch a huge check.
Also, my understanding of why physical banks have the locations they do is for retailers. Physical stores have to make cash deposits and pickup change. Small stores maybe once a week but Starbucks did it every day.
Except for those who have a money delivery...

Bragging on my credit union, in Michigan: I deposit checks online by submitting a photo of front and rear. The software is set up to enable doing so. The hard copy check ends up in my file here at home.
Chase Bank allows that too, though they only credit you $500 on the spot.

On a check this large, they would likely hand-clear it through, if you didn't have a recent record for that, before they credited you the whole amount.

But that should still be only 2 weekdays or so, I'd think.

There's a daily and single check deposit limit on every account I've ever seen.

Even my business accounts have a limit on scanned checks, although that's usually superseded by the daily limit on transactions. Once you get to stuff that large it is generally better to take it in, unless you're doing it regularly enough to pre-clear it with the bank.

Never had it fail yet. Whereas it is getting harder to find somewhere to present a paper cheque. Let's face it, most big businesses use direct transfers these days. I haven't used a paper cheque, either presented one or written one, in about 10 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back