ion offline monitor display

bobwal70

hello, im a programming a show on my pc using eos family software and capture polar software. my problem is that when i start eos software it takes over my monitors (3). i would like to use the eos software on 1 monitor only. how can i do this? i cant see any setting for this option on the pc software.

thanks

In the launch shell, click on the Settings button and deselect the "Fullscreen Offline Editor" box.

thanks but how do i get to that screen? arent you supposed to click a couple of buttons while the software is starting, i tried that and nothing happened, any advice would be great. remember this is on a pc

On the PC click on the icon on your desktop. This causes a window to appear that has a bunch of buttons, most of which are for starting various clients. One of them says "Settings". Choose that one and follow the directions in my previous post.

launch.png

Last edited:
Moved here where it may benefit more members.

On the PC click on the icon on your desktop. This causes a window to appear that has a bunch of buttons, most of which are for starting various clients. One of them says "Settings". Choose that one and follow the directions in my previous post.

View attachment 8365

thanks again for the reply, when i launch eos software, the eos logo comes up while it loads the program, have tried clicking on that and nothing happens. have also clicked on the eos ion on the desktop and it just goes to the eos logo and loads program which clicking on has no effect. what am i missing here?

If you are already in the Eos environment, you can also go to the browser, and select "Exit". Then confirm. Now you should get the options described by sk8rsdad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If you are already in the Eos environment, you can also go to the browser, and select "Exit". Then confirm. Now you should get the options described by sk8rsdad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hi, i have tried that. when i click on exit , it asks me if i really want to quit , with ok or cancel buttons. clicking ok the closes the program,does not go into the options box that im looking for. dont know whats going on.

Neither do any of us. How is it that you have the Eos/Ion PC client software installed such that it does not put up the launch screen when you run? I've never heard of that behaviour and I have been using the product since verson 1.30.

Is it possible the launcher is opening off-screen. Do you have any icons appearing in your task bar that would indicate a program is running?

As a second last resort, run "C:\Program Files (x86)\ETC\Eos\ETC_LaunchOffline.exe" directly, either by launching a command window, or by pasting the above, including the quotation marks, into the Start menu.

If that doesn't work then I suggest you uninstall the client, and reinstall it again using all the defaults.

If that still doesn't work then you need to get ETC support involved since they will all be scratching their heads too. They are going to want to know more details like the operating system and version, whether you are running as a privileged user, the version of offline client you are running, etc.

It sounds like you have the actual console software installed on your computer, not the offline software. It can be confusing as both are available from the Eos page of the ETC website.

If you still have the .zip file that you downloaded, take a look at the file name; it should be either "ETC_EosFamily_Console..." or "ETC_EosFamily_Offline...". If it is the "Console" version, uninstall that and download the "Offline/Client" version. If it is the the "Offline" version, then there is another problem.

It sounds like you have the actual console software installed on your computer, not the offline software. It can be confusing as both are available from the Eos page of the ETC website.

If you still have the .zip file that you downloaded, take a look at the file name; it should be either "ETC_EosFamily_Console..." or "ETC_EosFamily_Offline...". If it is the "Console" version, uninstall that and download the "Offline/Client" version. If it is the the "Offline" version, then there is another problem.

you may have figured out the problem, i believe i have console version, going to get the offline version and hope that works , many thanks for all your help .
i will let you know the result

you may have figured out the problem, i believe i have console version, going to get the offline version and hope that works , many thanks for all your help .
i will let you know the result

thanks to everyone who helped , i had the console version, and now everything is good and i can program with capture so much easier now !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back