Control/Dimming ION RealTimeClock event question

Ficus

I am currently programming an ION at SFSU and I am trying to create a time code event so that Cue 2 fires at 7:40 every night without having to hit the GO button. I know its a little bit lazy but I know that you can do it on the express and other boards I am wondering how to do it on this one.

Last edited:
THANKS!

Potentially Stupid question but I am assuming that these programs will not run if the board is off?

Just out of curiosity, why would you want it to do that?

Its mostly laziness on my part. We have a 20 minute sunset that has to start at 7:40 and I don't necessarily want to have to be there to hit GO!

Plus I want to see how to do it and program it

Its mostly laziness on my part. We have a 20 minute sunset that has to start at 7:40 and I don't necessarily want to have to be there to hit GO!

Well, I hope I'm not being a troll, and you're completely covered for Safety...
But, when you start with admitting you're 'laziness' and then give us the little info you gave us makes me wonder. I was trained to NEVER leave a stage unattended when power is on. I have been told that some theaters leave the console running when they are dark, but I've never seen it done here in Hollywood. In my firefighting training and my electrical training, it was repeatedly taught that complacency or laziness can lead to life threatening mistakes.
Now, what I hope is the case: If you're in the venue, and you want to playback a 'Go' cue, I recommend (and I use both) RFR and iRFR on iPhone & iPod touch.

Plus I want to see how to do it and program it
Training is always a benefit in my opinion.

No not lazy in that I wouldn't be in the space just not necessarily FOH. Plus this eliminates the potential for operator error. Granted it is a 20 minute sunset and no one will notice if I hit GO at 7:41 as opposed to 7:40 but I still want to be able to do it

Well, I hope I'm not being a troll, and you're completely covered for Safety...
But, when you start with admitting you're 'laziness' and then give us the little info you gave us makes me wonder. .

It sounded to me as if it was part of the pre-set. I didn't go and assume, based on so little info in the OP's that the operator would not be present somewhere on stage, possibly getting ready for show, setting practicals, etc... ?.

But Gern's points about safety and not getting complacent are valid and I would not recommend doing this if there was any chance for lamps/fixtures casing a fire. That said, note that ETC (and other console manufacturers) make Lighting Playback Controllers, specifically designed to run 24/7 and to run real-time clock functions with no input from an operator. There are certainly scenarios where this is a very useful tool. I'm certain Disney does this stuff all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back