Control/Dimming ION searching for master

Shadowmhs

On our ETC ION in the CIA it has been showing "searching for master" and can't find one. During this time the console will not accept any commands (via keypad or subs). We have only this console, and it outputs straight DMX (no nodes, RPUs, RVIs, or RFRs) and it has never used the ETC Net. I am unsure of the software version that we are running; however, it does have the old key caps. We need to use the console tomorrow (3/14) night. Does anyone know what it is searching for in this case and how we can fix it?

Your best bet is to call ETC Tech Support first thing in the AM, they open at 9AM Central time, USA. 800 688-4116.

I've only seen that happen when logged in as a client. And only really on an RVI. ETC tech support sounds like the way to go. Good luck. Hope you figure it out.

Try clicking on the "Launching in ..." box before it starts up (or as it starts up) and then clicking on Master and see if that works.

Typing on a cell phone, so in brief:

Sounds like the console was launched in Backup or Client mode. Try exiting (Displays -> Exit Ion) and selecting Primary to boot in.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

In the browser, you will also find a networks tab. If a device is unsure of the master to connect to, you can go into that screen and it will show you the available masters. You just have to select the one you want and press connect.
Hope that helps.
Anne

Users who are viewing this thread

Back