iRFR missing buttons and connectivity issues

SpotThat

Hello All, time to pick your brain!

I have one problem that has lead to new problems, so please bare with me.

I am trying to set up a new (to this network) ipod touch that acts as our iRFR with an Ion. This remote is already set up with an Eos and works splendidly. The issue we've run into is that it sees the Ion and the app connects, but once you go into the virtual RFR on the app none of the green buttons have labels and nothing is showing on the command line. We've successfully connected an ipod with the Ion already and it worked, but it was recently stolen hence trying one remote for two spaces. I've already talked to multiple people at ETC, playing a lovely round of stump the ETC tech. We went through several troubleshooting ideas including checking IP addresses of all devices, changing settings, swapping routers, and of course power cycling. After all of this, and putting the correct router with the correct board, when connected to the Eos we now have the same problem of unlabeled buttons and no command line.

We eventually decided to update the app (which had been running a later software version) to see if that helped, but now we're having connectivity issues. Now we're not able to even connect to the router that is with the Ion (we're even having issues now trying to get into the router settings) and the app is able to connect to the Eos but almost instantly disconnects and displays saying the password is incorrect. I've double and triple checked the password, it is correct, and it does connect to the board before disconnecting. Because of these issues we don't know if the app update has solved the original problem. Router settings were restored after trouble shooting using the Eos router.

Some information that may help, each board has its own network. Each router is connected directly to its respective console and the only thing connected wirelessly is the remote. The Eos is a classic/legacy, not TI.

Since we are getting a new remote device for the Ion, the more pressing issue is getting the remote back up and running with the Eos. Although, any insight on any part of this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Are the ip addresses of the boards the same for each or different?
Also have you tried deleting all consoles from the IRFR app, uninstall the app reinstall the app?
What is running dhcp? Router or console?
I've ran into similar issues where these steps became a workaround.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back