Irradiant White led Par64 dmx issue

stuart

hey i just thought i would run this through here first , i have already sent a message to the tech department at american lighting who sells these things but maybe someone here will have an idea.

We recently purchased 10 white led par cans for our stage setup, running on a martin xciter console. ( not ideal i know) They seem well built initially but were having an issue with the dmx on them, They operate in two channel mode, dimmer and strobe. Full power (no strobe ) channel 1 is at 100% and channel two can be anywhere from 0 to 14 according to the manual. This setting works the first time they receive this command however once the channel two value has increased past 14 to strobe mode the fixture no longer responds to the 0-14 range to return to regular full power mode.

I have tried different addresses, different optical splitters, different programming methods, adjusting the fixture profile, even a different lighting controllers and the results are the same every time, Currently I'm running 4 of them for program testing they are addressed 1 and 3 for simplicity, so two fixtures share a channel currently. When the cue is called up with the lights in full on or bumped you will have some lights turn on and other not, and it seams to be completely random. As a test I built a cue with one scene, full power, i named it bump and set it to a override and gave it a fader. If i repeatedly tap the faders bump button a different light will turn on every time or none at all. The only way to fix it is to grab the strobe channel manually and increase it to full value then back down to 0 that will override what ever it is holding in memory and return the fixture to "on" but thats not easy two do when the lights are called up several time in one scene. They seam to work as long as the program calls for them in the 0 range or full power, once a cue pushes channel two to strobe they will strobe until the scene changes after stopping they will stobe if called on again but will not respond to channel two at zero.

This as been extremely frustrating for me to say the least. Anyone ever run into anything like this?

this is what the fixture looks like, i always like to see what im talking about

$T2eC16J,!y0E9s2S5)dGBRU(lVdhR!~~60_3.JPG

I would suggest two things to first test.

One - try it with only one fixture. It is possible the fixture is using more channels than you expect and the console is not handling this well.

Two - run your single fixture just conventional sliders so you can clearly see what is going on. Ie slider one is DMX 1, slider two is DMX 2 etc. this should tell you if it is a fixture problem or not

Users who are viewing this thread

Back