Perplexing HME BP200 / DX210 behavior

Ken Porter

Hey, all.

We’ve got a HME DX210 (the two channel version base station) with 3 BP200’s (The single channel version beltpack).

Instructions tell me that if I press certain buttons in a certain order, I can put a beltpack in “ISO Restrict” Mode, and a different button combo to turn off that mode.
[Sidebar: My definition, according to observation, is that ISO Restrict means that by pressing the ISO button, the user can be heard by A) other wireless beltpacks, B) Potentially the Aux Out from the base station, but NOT on the Wired com attached to the 2W or 4W connections. My time on the phone with their tech support tells me that we don’t agree on what it really means - which is really irritating, but not why I called….]
I called tech support because I could effectively change the state of one beltpack from “ISO Restrict OFF” to “ISO Restrict ON”, but no matter how I tried, using the other button combinations & permutations, according to the same helpful document, I have been unable to change the state on either of 2 beltpacks from “ISO Restrict ON” to “ISO Restrict OFF”.

i.e. If I hold “IC” while powering up, I got the beltpack into “ISO Restrict ON” - yay. Bizarrely simple & intuitive. But holding “IC” and “ISO” down while powering up does NOT get the reverse effect, as the document would have me believe.

Has anyone else run across this? Any thoughts (from those familiar with the packs) on what I’m missing?
- K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back