Is buying used moving light fixtures worth it?

I just buy lamps and at times sockets, and inspect every lamp used under magnifying glass. Entire moving light repair department for the widget motors and cicuit boards This I cannot speaki for. Of the eight Nook lights, two neeeded complete re-wiring due to wiring, one needed a new lamp, one needed new lamp sockets also, three needed replacement cord grips. Used price given experience in fixing similar stuff... much chaper than new.

On a Mac 250 in queston, they run a lot cooler than most other movers given their wattage. Other than above wearable parts... such fixtures I would think a great investment assuming parts like fans etc wear out and assuming one can figure out a diod verses a bad triode to replace seemingly to replace.

In general, as said above used fixtures should be in good shape for now.

I'm searching for a replacement main breaker for tour prep bay 3. Getting a lot of no's in stock or quoting. was prepaired to spend $100.00 more for a "certified" used main breaker, but didn't notice out of stock. Going to the un-certified one but told of a refund on that one. Tours needing house a 400A power supply are building. At this point I might have to install a breaker that does it in not knowing the specifications in how/why this specific circuit breaker was installed and dialed in for purpose for it.

Similar problems I suspect... or a world of questions more advancened than 20 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back