Is my Power Distributor bad?

soundtech193746

proxy.php

I have a ETA Systems PD11LP and found it from an older and planned to use it for a CD player and Effects rack. To test it, I plugged my phone charger into each outlet and any time I would start the sequence, it makes my phone charge on/off rapidly. Is this an issue or is it because of it being a smart phone?

UPDATE- I tested it with a cheap mixer and wireless mics and found that the whole system must be sequenced ON then plug equipment into it. It works fine. It’s only when you plug things into it when the master power switch is on and the system is not sequenced.

So my updated question would be “Why does it not function properly when the sequence is off?”

Last edited:
If you want to test this properly, suggest using a standard lamp with an incandescent bulb. It could be that the relays are bad, or the relay power supply is bad (according to what I read the relays in this unit have 12v coils, so the 12v power supply in this unit may be bad if all stages are doing the same thing at the same time)...using multiple incandescent lamps, one in each stage, would help diagnose this device.

Of course, if you're qualified/skilled, you can open the unit up and measure/scope the 12v supply.

For the record I found the info about this device and its relays via a Google search...personally I use Panamax products to switch things on in stages (so the power amps gets switched on last), and also provide protection.

Last edited:
If you want to test this properly, suggest using a standard lamp with an incandescent bulb. It could be that the relays are bad, or the relay power supply is bad (according to what I read the relays in this unit have 12v coils, so the 12v power supply in this unit may be bad if all stages are doing the same thing at the same time)...using multiple incandescent lamps, one in each stage, would help diagnose this device.

For the record I found the info about the relays via a Google search...personally I use Panamax products to switch things on in stages (so the power amps gets switched on last), and also provide protection.
I will update the post with those findings! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back