Issues with inserts and the Yamaha DM1000

Yensho

Hello all! I've loved this site for quite a while now from the amount of info I've learned from here, and I'm currently having a problem of my own I'm hoping you might be able to help with.

I'm currently setting up the sound for a children's show which uses one mic for the sole purpose of adding reverb to an actor playing the role of a lion whenever they roar. I have my effect built and programmed into the first FX block, and the channel is currently plugged into the effect with the built-in inserts.

However, even though I have saved the scene multiple times, every time I switch out of the scene and back in, the insert patch disappears. I first thought it was a recall safe setting applying to the effect block, but even when either turning off all recall safe features, or even trying the make the specific channel and effects recall safe, the inserts still disappears whenever I switch out of the scene and then back to it. Unfortunately, even though the whole show has only two scenes, it's currently not possible to use only one scene due to the specific setup this theatre has, as well as slight unfamiliarity with the specific board in question.

Anybody have any suggestions that may help solve this issue? Thanks in advance.

Hello all! I've loved this site for quite a while now from the amount of info I've learned from here, and I'm currently having a problem of my own I'm hoping you might be able to help with.

I'm currently setting up the sound for a children's show which uses one mic for the sole purpose of adding reverb to an actor playing the role of a lion whenever they roar. I have my effect built and programmed into the first FX block, and the channel is currently plugged into the effect with the built-in inserts.

However, even though I have saved the scene multiple times, every time I switch out of the scene and back in, the insert patch disappears. I first thought it was a recall safe setting applying to the effect block, but even when either turning off all recall safe features, or even trying the make the specific channel and effects recall safe, the inserts still disappears whenever I switch out of the scene and then back to it. Unfortunately, even though the whole show has only two scenes, it's currently not possible to use only one scene due to the specific setup this theatre has, as well as slight unfamiliarity with the specific board in question.

Anybody have any suggestions that may help solve this issue? Thanks in advance.
Are you saving the input and output patches with the insert patch? A full scene has 3 components which are saved separately: the scene, input patch and output patch.

Andre

Did it this morning, and that was the issue. Wasn't aware that the input patch was separate from scenes. Thank you for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back