Jands Event 408, Qlab and MIDI (MSC) ARRRRGGGG

Toby0412

Hello,

I am trying (with absolutely no success) to get Qlab to fire a stack on a Jands Event 408 via MIDI (or more specifically, MSC)

Has anyone done this before? Is it possible? I am one step away from throwing it in and getting a job in a bank or a post office!!! Can anyone pleeeeeeese help!@!

Cheers

Toby

Welcome Toby. I am moving this thread to the Lighting forum so it is posted in the appropriate place. Hopefully you get the help you need there.

~Dave

Welcome Toby. I am moving this thread to the Lighting forum so it is posted in the appropriate place. Hopefully you get the help you need there.

~Dave
Brilliant, thanks Dave. I don't think there has ever been anything that has beaten me in the way that this has.

Cheers

Toby

Thank you,

This is a different manual to the one we have, I'll give this a go and see what happens, I'll let you know.

Cheers

Toby.
Hiya,

Frustratingly, still not working!!!

I have a USB to midi cable, which Qlab sees and I can patch to it (see pic).

My first question is... I think I am running the full version of Qlab that allows MIDI, if I am not, would I still be able to patch to the cable etc, or would it just not be accessible?

I am unfamiliar with the note system. Can anyone tell me which of the MIDI types I should be using in Qlab? They all seem to be able to have the note set for them.

I can set the Channel, Fader and Note number in the 408, but when I press the "find signal" button in Qlab - nothing.

I have tried all of the various MIDI types and still nothing.

I have just read the 408 manual again, and there is one thing that I think I may have missed. Does anyone know if MIDI control is only possible on fader 7 of the 408?

Interestingly, when I executed a q in Qlab, the "out" light flashed on the cable. I swapped the "in" and the "out" around on the back of the console thinking I may have got it wrong, and when I hit go on the first q, it executed all of the next seven q's in the list automatically - I had no follow-ons built in.

I think my problem is that the console is just not getting the message?

Any advice would be VERY greatly received and appreciated.

Cheers

Attachments

• midi to usb cable.jpg
    midi to usb cable.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 205

Users who are viewing this thread

Back