Control/Dimming Jands Hog 250

I've recently come into an old Hog 250 that seems to be completely functional. It got stuffed under a workbench in a warehouse years ago and forgotten about. I'm a software guy, but want to make the move into hardware consoles. I need to learn both Avo and Hog boards, but this should be a good start into the Hog programming (albeit a bit ancient and definitely obsolete). My issue is that I don't even know how/where to get started. There was no floppy in the drive, but the unit powers on and starts up properly (as far as I can tell). It says no show loaded, and apparently doesn't have any fixtures loaded either (which doesn't matter since I'm sure the preloaded library would be completely useless to me). I can't start building a show until I have fixture profiles. Anyone want to give me a hand building profiles for a few fixtures? I don't mind attempting it myself, but I need a good push in the right direction. I need profiles for LED pars (4ch and 7ch), Elation Powerspot 250s, Elation Powerspot 575s, and Coemar ProSpot 250LXs.

I appreciate the help.

Here is a link to the manual. http://www.jands.com.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/26743/Jands_Hog_Operating_Manual.pdf
It tells you how to write your own personalities. There should be a database of personalities in the console that may fit your needs such as a cmy dimmer or patch as desk channels (a single dimmer). If my memory serves correctly the hog 500/1000 shows will load into the hog 250 same with the hog 2 shows and personalities. Here is a link to the personalities you can download and save to disk Jands - Fixture Libraries also the hog 2 fixture creator is a great tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back