Lanyard hook advisory

I'd hope anyone purchasing said lanyards is properly trained and catches this before use. A missing rivet is pretty obvious if you do a proper inspection. However MOST people do NOT do the inspection, and hopefully they never put them to the real test.

Somewhat amazing noone in quality control did not catch that before they got shipped out. Then again I am not completely surprised either.

I think the challenge is that the manufacturing defect is not actually a missing rivet. It's one that didn't crimp properly (or at all it seems). That's less obvious than a hole where there shouldn't be one.
Add vibration and such and the lack of crimping means the rivet falls out, and then it should be obvious.

The perhaps more scary thought is that for these to have made it into the wild, they have not been picked up by QC in 2 factories, the Yoke factory, AND the harness manufacturer's...

I think the challenge is that the manufacturing defect is not actually a missing rivet. It's one that didn't crimp properly (or at all it seems). That's less obvious than a hole where there shouldn't be one.
Add vibration and such and the lack of crimping means the rivet falls out, and then it should be obvious.

The perhaps more scary thought is that for these to have made it into the wild, they have not been picked up by QC in 2 factories, the Yoke factory, AND the harness manufacturer's...

Yes exactly so. Still a proper inspection should show a bad rivet, which would come out. QC should of picked it up at Yoke, if not yes, the lanyard factory should of picked it up.

Yes exactly so. Still a proper inspection should show a bad rivet, which would come out. QC should of picked it up at Yoke, if not yes, the lanyard factory should of picked it up.

An incorrectly crimped rivet might not be very obvious to the typical user even if they are inspecting it unless they have looked at multiple ones. After all theres not tons of training typically provided on what the rivet should look like :^).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back