Control/Dimming Laptop Control of Strand Preset Palette I

Hey all,

I just typed up an explanation of my scenario... then realized it didn't make much sense, so I'm hoping a generalization will work much better.

How do you hook up a laptop to a Strand Preset Pallete I, and what functions can be accessed via laptop (mainly, submasters/presets or whatever they're called, not just cue list playback?)

Thanks, and I can give more details if needed!

Welcome to Control Booth;
You should have the OLE loaded on your laptop. You should make sure that the OLE and the software on the console is the same release, if not you should update to the latest release (if you are not in the middle of a show). Strand Lighting - A Philips Group Brand It takes both running the same release to work. Connect your laptop wired or wireless to the console using a router. On the console select S4(control panel) and hover over the Internet Icon with your mouse and the IP address of the console should appear. On your laptop under Start, select 'All Programs' and find Strand Lighting, slide over and then down to Remote Palette. Select, and a box will appear asking for the console IP address (Palette Host). Enter the Console IP address. The laptop should show the same screen as the console and you should be able to adjust from the laptop as you can from the console and make changes also. You might need to adjust the IP address of your laptop to be in line with the console 192.168.1.xxx . Also you should sign up to the Strand-Dev web site strand-dev.com • Index page You can find a lot of information on using the console and people that can answer any question you have about the Palette console line there. Under help on the console you can find information on this also.
Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back