LDI Las Vegas show for newbie?

In my opinion, getting the chance to learn anything theatre related is a go. I wouldn't go as far as to say it would be overkill, because lighting, regardless of the play or place, still has the same concept of warm and cool lighting, along with effects and such. Granted, you could probably learn the basics for what you need by yourself and a few YouTube videos, but if you get that chance/funds to go see it, I would say go.:mrgreen:

Theatrical Lighting Design Interactive

In my opinion, getting the chance to learn anything theatre related is a go. I wouldn't go as far as to say it would be overkill, because lighting, regardless of the play or place, still has the same concept of warm and cool lighting, along with effects and such. Granted, you could probably learn the basics for what you need by yourself and a few YouTube videos, but if you get that chance/funds to go see it, I would say go.
Thanks for the encouragement. I initially was going to go for SMAART training, but then balked at the cost. There aren't a lot of other courses I'm really interested in:

Thurs: Inexpensive Lighting (not sure if I can go then)
Fri: Power for Lights, LEDs, and Drawing Light Plots (not sure if I really need this)

At $325/4 sessions I'm not sure if it's worth it. And the workshops I'm interested in are on Saturday, which I may not be able to stay for. But I still think it's worth going for the exhibit hall and breakfasts. I'll be driving instead of flying though so I can be flexible.

Check that link I posted about the Theatrical Lighting Design Interactive. It's a really useful CD. If you want to learn a little, that would be something to look forward to. Also, I imagine SETC would have tons of things to look at, not just lighting, for cheaper, it seems. I'm hoping to go down myself this year and submerse myself into the pure world of Theatre. :D

Check that link I posted about the Theatrical Lighting Design Interactive. It's a really useful CD. If you want to learn a little, that would be something to look forward to. Also, I imagine SETC would have tons of things to look at, not just lighting, for cheaper, it seems.
Thanks, that does look interesting, I'll check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back