LEDs and Wireless DMX?

gbdesign

Anyone ever expierence any problems using wireless DMX with LEDs? I'm talking name brand units and wireless, not any cheap knock-off stuff. I had an issue a while back where I was seeing the LED strips and truss warmers flash different colors. And it would only be random units, not whole systems. About 3/4 of the way thru the meeting (corporate multi day event) i switched to hard wire DMX line and the problem seemed to go away. Don't know if it just didn't have enough time to start acting up or if it really fixed the problem. Just curious if anyonee else has had similar problems.

I've used a couple cheapo products,, and once I used a City Theatrical purchased system. The cheapos, well, they exist. The City product worked without issue. I would say it's random interference and probably would be very difficult to duplicate, mostly because you wouldn't be in the same venue with the same other electrical stuff. Had you had unlimited time I'll wager you'd have found a solution. But often it's just easier to run a cable.

T
Anyone ever expierence any problems using wireless DMX with LEDs? I'm talking name brand units and wireless, not any cheap knock-off stuff. I had an issue a while back where I was seeing the LED strips and truss warmers flash different colors. And it would only be random units, not whole systems. About 3/4 of the way thru the meeting (corporate multi day event) i switched to hard wire DMX line and the problem seemed to go away. Don't know if it just didn't have enough time to start acting up or if it really fixed the problem. Just curious if anyonee else has had similar problems.

This is actually a well understood issue with some wireless DMX systems, even from well known manufacturers. See the video "Random Flashing with wireless DMX" here:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

http://www.citytheatrical.com/cti-videos

ST

Users who are viewing this thread

Back