recommendations for wireless DMX battery-powered RGBUV LED uplights

Stuart R

Hello all,

I'm needing six (6) wireless DMX battery-powered RGB-UV (or similar) LED uplights. Anybody have any recommendations?

Thank you.

Thank you. I'm afraid I may need to go for a knock-off/DJ oriented product, since I need six of these and can't afford $600 per unit.

I'm with @almorton , rental is a good idea. For a one off? Installation? Rental shop? Venue package? How much anticipated use?

I occasionally freelance for a local shop that wishes they'd adhered to "buy once, cry once" on their uplighting. They bought 3 rigs, the 3rd has lasted 5 years in consistent (multiple times a week) use. They've replaced the batteries once that I know of, but they're still operating and simple enough to use that an AudioGuy can use them.

And the wrong piece of gear at the 'right price' is still the wrong piece of gear.

The system I recently set up, for the barn scene on Shrek, is a pair of cheap Amazon battery powered pars(https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CFQ4VPNC/?tag=controlbooth-20), a pair of Showbabies to get signal to the unit, cables between the show baby and fixtures, and a 12v battery pack(We've got at least 6 of these in the production powering mostly LED strips within scenery https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B6NHPXXF/?tag=controlbooth-20) to power the showbaby. I pull the Showbaby battery pack and charge it in the booth between shows. I've got a power strip rigged up to the wallworts used to charge the pars installed in the truck, and the cords anchored in such a way that if the crew moves the truck without unplugging it'll yank the cord out of the wall(actually a extension cord reel offstage used for fog machines for the show) rather than put any stress on the cheap fixtures, one of which that has already got a cracked corner of it's housing from a 3ft drop)

Last edited:
Just an update Wrapped the show tonight.

The finaly look for the scene was a single Showline from Above, and 2 of the battery powered PARS mounted in the truck, just in front of the actors. I had to turn the battery pars down to 50 so they didn't overlight the actors, as they have narrow beams and were overloading the Showlines from above.

Screenshot_20240324_012347.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back