LEX Powerstrip E-String

I bought a version years ago that I use for powering Christmas lights. It's a very handy product.

I wish I had cash to purchase a bucketload of them. But I got a single one for now, suppose i'll check it out and see how useful it is. I noticed they have ones with 6 Plugs over 50 ft and the one I got with 6 plugs over 23 ft. Along with a 3 ft version.

We use those to power music stand lights and to provide power drops on stage for large musical groups. It helps clean up the cable mess that would otherwise ensue shortly after the one guy in the band says, "I've got some extension cords and power strips in my car if we need them."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would think that those are probably not suitable for stage use. Those have STOOW-A cable according to their website which I believe is not kosher for stage/entertainment use. Wouldn't they need to use SOOW to be okay for our uses?

I have a couple. I don't use them as often as I thought I would but I do like them. The ones I have are 5 outlet 50 foot. The thing I don't like is they put the little plug covers on and most of them have gotten pulled off already.

We use them extensively in our rental and event departments and the guys love them. They are rugged as heck and handle a lot of abuse. To be honest, I don't use them myself as I work in design and install not rental or events.

Last edited by a moderator:
A sound company I witha lot uses them for stage power all the time. They usually run one behind the band and one across downstage, more than handles power. The tabs do get pulled off if you don't plug them in before rolling for storage which almost never happens. They have been using them for several years without a failure.

They have been on the market for some time now. Great for orchestra pits. Back stage to power quick change booths. I also use them in areas where I need to power a bunch of accessories. Such as an electric with a bunch of simple gobo rotators. Tack them to the wall in the shop. You will find them super handy. The green power LED is great. Like anything, be careful how many devices you plug into them.

Yeah luckily they come with a 20A end and 12/3 and also include the adapter to convert them to 15A. Shouldn't be using enough power anyways to draw that much amperage. I figure I'll start with this one and get a few more as time goes on. Seem like it'll come in handy, I was looking at the heavy duty yellow cords they had with a duplex outlet but only saw them in threephase, do you know if they make them in single phase? I'd like to have some heavier duty ones like that for construction.

Screen shot 2010-11-02 at 2.32.56 PM.png

Now that's crazy fast delivery the package was literally picked up less than 24 hours ago from the distributor and is already out for delivery. It was send out UPS ground and took only 12 hours to be out for delivery. Less than 24 hours I've gotten my package.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back