light boards and things

i ended up getting a 4x1.2KW electrol anaconda portable dimmer. so that covers the dimmer area(for now). Now i need to get a lighting consloe. as i said before i was leaning towards the nsi 7532 but i am open to comments on that or suggestions for others or anything . i am looking at a budget of around 2 thousand
thanks

2k will get you an Express 24/48 easy. Do not buy NSI lighting desks unless you want to severely limit your capabilities. The MC 75xx range is really not that much better than their non-memory version. It does not make it easy to record your show whatsoever.

Oh dear. I guess my memory was badly wrong on the Express pricing. Still, call up your dealer and ask what price they can give you... All else failing, there's always Strand equipment. I cannot stress enough how much a waste of money the MC 75xx desks are; you're better off paying less and getting the non-memory ones from NSI.

Right now we have a leprecon 624 board and im pretty happy with what that can do. this board is used for church every week so most of the time its just used to turn up a preset but we also use it for christmas and easter programs. most of the time we dont have very many practices and so i just run the board in subgroup mode. Right now we dont have any intelligent lights and i dont see us geting any in the near future but i still wouldnt it rule out

I wouldnt recomend anyone, and i mean ANYONE buys a zero88, worst desk i have ever used in my life. ive used from the elara to the bull frog and hated all of them...

I would steer away form them at all possible. Their low price explains it all =)

i used to use a zero88 sirius 48 channel desk and it isnt the most exciting desk but it is the simplest to use. if you want to teach people then a zero88 desk is the one for you, even the bullfrog's and fatfrogs at the top end are still simple to use and learn on, go for it.

LOL zero88 suck.... final words, i had a fight with the australian distributor over em, there is only like 2 of em in the country and i told him they were crap and thats why there wernt anymore and he cracked it big time lol....

one of my mates, did the john mayer gigs when they toured here and screaming jets etc. and we i had the frog he came down and tried to use it..... was the funniest thing ive ever heard some of the things he said!

i found a good deal on a express 24/48 but i need to sell or current board.
Its a leprecon 624 MPX D/A. Its in pretty good shape, there is a prob with the bump buttons ( some of them are mounted below normal height.)
this can most likely be fixed fairly easily... ill have to take a look at it. If anyones interested let me know.

Nephilim said:
Who's cutting the deal? I'm in the market for an Express (god damn do I hate this NSI)

Same here, ROFL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back